Business Time Tracker allows tracking user activities and creating detailed and aggregated reports.
The idea is simple. Users work with applications. Applications show titles.
The tracker records activities including attributes:
- Window title
- Solution, folder, filename
So, users may get detailed and aggregated reports on these categories at any time.
Here is a report sample:
The tracker allows configuring additional attributes based on the attributes listed above:
- Organizational unit
- Business role
- Activity category
For example, a user opens a file like X:\Documents\Sales\Client ABC\Project XYZ\requirements.docx.
The tracker records the following data:
|Duration||End time - Start time|
|Cost||Duration * Hourly rate of the tracker|
|Organizational unit||The unit of the tracker|
|Business role||The role of the tracker|
|Title||requirements.docx - Microsoft Word|
|Folder||X:\Documents\Sales\Client ABC\Project XYZ|
|URL||X:\Documents\Sales\Client ABC\Project XYZ\requirements.docx|
|Activity category||Sales - Requirements|
Users may get detailed and aggregated reports accordingly.
Moreover, the application allows getting these data in a cube.
So, users and managers may consume the aggregated data in an analytical tool.
Business Time Tracker targets on business people.
It allows improving personal productivity and measuring times and costs of business activities across the company.
For the first case, users may install Business Time Tracker in a personal mode.
In this mode, the tracker uses a local SQLite database, and only the current user can get data and reports.
For the second case, IT guys may install a corporate SQL Server or SQL Azure database, and users have choices:
- Using the corporate database instead of the personal SQLite database.
- Using the personal database and synchronizing low-level data with the corporate database.
- Using the personal database and synchronizing high-level data with the corporate database.
The corporate database restricts access to the data. So, only authorized persons may have access.
For example, team leads may have access to the data of team members only.
Business Time Trackers implements a reactive tracking model contrary to the proactive one.
Key principles of the Business Time Tracker:
- The tracker tracks actual usage automatically and as is.
- Users have basic reports with zero configuration.
- Users or analysts may create and change binding attributes for categories, projects, and clients.
- The tracker binds categories, projects, and clients automatically.
- Users and managers have advanced reports based on the additional attributes.
These principles give the following benefits:
- The data are actual and precise.
- The tracker does not require any user action to track activities.
- The tracker gives enough data to improve productivity even with zero configuration.
- The binding attributes are subject to change at any time.
You may start using Business Time Tracker easily. Just install and start it.
You will get the first results in a minute. Further, think about your goals and try more.